Many know that spring has arrived because of the chirping birds and arrival of flowers, me not so much. I know it is spring due to my allergic reactions to what is going on outside. The increased pollen and animal dander from shedding makes my allergies unbearable. Not only do I have a problem with nature bugging me, but cigarettes and fragrances add fuel to the fire. It is a great time for cook-outs and trips to the park, but my allergies make stepping outside uncomfortable.
How do these allergy triggers work?
Allergens can come from anywhere! Some of the more common ones are smoke, dust, mold, and fragrance in perfumes and cleaning products. The body responds to these allergens by releasing histamine to the cells located in the lungs and nose. Histamine’s job is to then attach to receptors in blood vessels causing them to enlarge. This causes the redness, swelling, and itching associated with allergies.
There are many over the counter fixes like shots, steroids, and medications. The common ingredient in several of these are antihistamines. These medications do work but come with a long list of side effects.
Here are just a few:
- Dry Mouth
- Drowsiness and Dizziness
- Blurred Vision
I know for myself, one brand of over the counter allergy medication puts me in a dazed state all day. Luckily, there is a great natural treatment that will help you fight those pesky allergies.
Oregano essential oil is a powerful and amazing oil. It is rich in beneficial nutrients while also being anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antioxidant, antibacterial, antiallergic, and antiviral! Specifically with allergies, oregano is a good source of carvacrol, flavonoids, and terpenes, which are decongestants. Another key ingredient great for allergies is rosmarinic acid.
Oregano is a very strong essential oil so always use caution when using!
- Start by diffusing it in your home and inhaling the vapor.
- If you do not own a diffuser or are on the go, drop 1 or 2 drops on your palm, rub your palms together to warm and inhale. Wash your hands afterwards and especially before touching your eyes.
- 1-2 of drops on a cotton ball or a hemp cloth placed in one’s pocket is a great way to inhale the properties of the oil all throughout the day.
Need something more powerful, ingestion is possible but it is important to be careful. Also, do not ingest Oregano oil more that 2 times weekly. Oregano is a strong antibacterial for both good and bad bacteria found in the body.
- Place 1 drop of Oregano Essential oil on honey and mix with peppermint tea. A bonus is the peppermint is also great at aiding respiratory illnesses.
- Not a fan of tea? No problem. Warm water, honey, and oregano essential oil is good as well.
- Make sure to mix frequently because essential oils can separate from water and tea.
Furthermore, oregano is amazing at warding off bugs, especially mosquitoes. Fight allergies naturally while also fighting off those pesky bugs.
Why not give it a try?
Make sure you use only 100% Therapeutic grade essential oils from a reputable dealer and always seek medical advice if a reaction occurs or symptoms get worse.
[h/t: The Hearty Soul]
The post Add 1 Drop of Oregano Essential Oil to Water or Tea and See What Happens to Your Lungs! appeared first on DavidWolfe.com.