Hello and welcome back to another issue of top 5 alternative health sites of the week. This week, we have 5 top sites in a unique alternative health category, which is Biofeedback Therapy.
This week we are going to present 5 more sites from the alternative health realm, and our category this week is Biofeedback Therapy. Our ranking is based on quality, information, and Top Alexa ranking sites by category.
Top 5 Biofeedback Therapy sites based on Alexa Ranking
Biofeedback therapy is another unique field of alternative health, where patients are trained to control their physiological processes. Patients with training can learn with the help of their trainer, how to manipulate involuntary actions like muscle tension, heart rate, blood pressure and such.
Biofeedback Therapy can be useful to treat illnesses like blood pressure, migraine, and headaches. It’s particularly effective at treating conditions brought on by severe stress. Below are the Top 5 Biofeedback Therapy sites of this week, so let’s get right into it.
Site # 5: Biofeedback Federation of Europe – BFE
The Biofeedback Federation of Europe is located in the UK. It’s a non-profit community interest company that promotes awareness among health professionals and clinicians on the latest biofeedback techniques. It’s a resourceful site if you are interested about these techniques. Check out some of their resources – videos, and articles.
Blogs we like from BFE
- Aquatic Biofeedback Treatment
- Surface Electromyography: Use, Design and Technological Overview
- DECONcert / Regenerative Music in the key of EEG
Site # 4: Southeastern Neurofeedback Institute Inc.
Southeastern Neurofeedback Institute Inc. was established by Joel F. Lubar Ph.D., BCIA-EEG in 1979. This institute provides professional certification training in QEEG analysis and neurofeedback. They conduct researches and also advise professionals on designing research in EEG biofeedback.
Articles we like from Southeastern Neurofeedback Institute Inc.
- Neocortical Dynamics: Implications for Understanding the Role of Neurofeedback
- Evaluation of the Effectiveness of EEG Neurofeedback Training
- Low-resolution electromagnetic tomography (LORETA) of cerebral activity in chronic depressive disorder. (PDF)
Site # 3: Neuroptimal
Neuroptimal can either find a neurofeedback trainer for you, or they can train you to become one. They can put you in touch with a professional trainer to receive a therapy at their office or in the comfort of your own home. You can also sign up for their courses online, to become a professional certified neurofeedback trainer yourself. This is a very resourceful site with a wealth of information.
Blogs we like from Neuroptimal
- 5 Ways Brain Training Is Like Spring Cleaning For Your Mind
- Brain Training Mitigates Her Migraine Symptoms Says Psychologist and Neurofeedback Inventor
- Sleep and Brain Health: The Neurofeedback Connection
Site # 2: Stress Therapy Solutions, Inc.
Stress Therapy Solutions, Inc. is an education based marketing company, and they specialize in education through webinars, workshops, and lectures. They cover a wide range of topics related to biofeedback, EEG (electroencephalograph) and brainwave training.
Blogs we like from Stress Therapy Solutions, Inc.
- Compendium of Common Terms in EEG & Neurofeedback – D. Corydon Hammond, Ph.D.,ECNS, QEEG-D, BCIA-EEG
- Stress Therapy Solutions Cheat Sheet for Neurofeedback – Steven Warner, Ph.D., BCN
- Directory of Functions – Richard Genardi, Ph.D., BCN
Site # 1: EEG Info
Our winner of this week’s countdown is…. EEG Info! It’s at the top of the Alexa ranking and also an amazing site. It’s attractive and informative. What really sets this site apart is the use of graphics to present information.
EEG Info is the website of an EEG Institute that offers OMC (Other Method Certification) professional certification courses for health & mental health practitioners, with a Masters or above. This site has information on their study courses and their research work on Neurofeedback. It also gives you an introduction to Neurofeedback therapy. You’ll find lots of books, videos and articles as well.
Blogs we like from EEG Info
Now, wasn’t that awesome? Let us know your thoughts. We’ll be back with another top 5 countdown, so check back next week. Until next time, stay safe and stay healthy. Happy learning!
P.S: – Got a health question? Catch us live on our next BLAB!
Source: Alternative Health Concepts.
Related articles and resources:
- Top 5 Alternative Health Sites of the Week Issue # 29
- 11 Proven Ways to Improve your Sites Alexa Ranking
- Join us on BLAB Every Week